Pretty much this is a sports bar with a twist. If you love Bourbon Whiskey, then this place is for you. My server brought me a bourbon whiskey flight. It gave me a much-needed education about Bourbon Whiskey and the way it is made. It’s really not my go to cocktail, I like my wine and a little bit of vodka now and then. But Tennessee is Whiskey country, so when in Rome….
My server Matt Lombardo was the complete package, knowledgeable, charming, sweet, accommodating, and had a great smile.
Barlines is the perfect Nashville honky-tonk to take in some live music or watch your favorite sports teams on one of the many large video screens. You’ll also enjoy a tasty menu of Southern comfort food along with Tennessee libations. Enjoy the big game from every angle on multiple LCD HDTVs and the HearTV® mobile app. A great venue to enjoy libations, sports and great music.
Their customers are random hotel guests, convention folks, and locals. Everyone is having a good ole time.
Here’s what I tried:
Bees Knees, Castel and key Gin, local honey, and fresh lemon. This is a very refreshing cocktail; if you’re a gin drinker then this cocktail is for you.
Tennessee Two-Step, Pickers blood orange vodka, local honey, peach schnapps, and lime. This would be my go to cocktail; it’s fresh, not to sweet and goes down with no effort at all!
Martini, a perfect traditional martini, just what the doctor ordered.
Bourbon Whiskey Flight:
1. Eagle Rare – Bourbon- Carmel 10 years ages – Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is masterfully crafted and carefully aged for no less than ten years. The rareness of this great breed of bourbon is evident in its complex aroma, as well as the smooth and lingering taste. Eagle Rare is bourbon that lives up to its name with its lofty, distinctive taste experience.
2. Noah’s Mill Kentucky – Small Batch – One of the most lush and rich Whiskeys on the market. The nose is walnuts, prunes, and floral notes. The palate mimics the nose with walnuts, prunes, spices, intertwined with lavender and balanced with the perfect amount of acid, that leads you down a path of lingering burnt caramel.
3. George Dickel 8 years aged – local – Barrel Select bottles are aged 9-12 years and only ten barrels are selected by the master distiller, making very unique small batches. It has got to be one of the best Tennessee whiskeys to sip on for me with… a palate with loads of vanilla and baking spices.”
4. Sazerac Rye – This straight rye has a mellow spice and dry sweetness that dances on the tongue, giving pure delight that is worthy of the Sazerac name
It was a fun flight, I learned a lot, but could only take very small sips.
Smoked Brisket Totchos, tater tots, house smoke brisket, Yazoo beer cheese, sour cream, and green onion. This is an amazing starter, a fun take on nachos. The brisket is heavenly and the tots are super crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside. This is a big dish. You can share this, with a beer, and be very satisfied.
Deviled Eggs, with Bourbon bacon jam, and pimento pepper relish smoked paprika. These little darlings were full of great eggy flavor. I would just love this recipe, it is that good.
Grand Ole Hot Wings, with celery, carrot, ranch dressing, honey-sriracha. These wings were super juicy and the sriracha was better then any dipping sauce I have ever tasted.
Caesar Salad with chicken romaine lettuce, Parmesan, croutons, and Caesar dressing. This is a very fresh lively salad with all of the fixings you would want from a Caesar salad.
Barlines Double Stack, Black hawk farms beef, with bourbon caramelized onions American cheese, pickles, potato bun, and special sauce. The onions take this burger to a whole other dimension. It is right up there with the best burgers.
Nashville Catfish Sandwich, pickles, potato bun, chipotle aioli. The fish is breaded and fried, with the accompaniments it makes for one terrific salad.
Sweet Potato Fries, super crispy, but also tender on the inside.
Special Chef Treat, ask your waiter about this, they said they might have it on the regular menu. Bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and caramel dip. So fantastic.
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel, with cream cheese icing, caramel and chocolate sauce.
Kendall-Jackson, Chardonnay, “Vintners Reserve”, CA. This is an always a great wine to drink with seafood, the catfish was fantastic with it.
Louis M. Martini, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County, CA. The Burger or The Smoked Brisket Totchos are a great pair.
This is a very festive place – to enjoy a game, have drinks with your friends, or listen to live music. Whatever the occasion – Barlines has something for everyone.
250 Rep. John Lewis Way S, Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 782-5300 https://www.omnihotels.com